Best Flooring For Your Living Room
Are you redecorating your home but you are not sure which type of flooring is the most suitable for your living room? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
We know that there are so many different options out there that may even get you confused and unsure about which one to purchase for your living room. Well, good thing you can basically go with any option and they can all be suitable for the look of your living room. So, in a way, it all comes down to the things you prioritize while making the choice whether that is, price, durability, installation, water resistance, and more.
However, we are here to guide you in order to make the right purchase that fits both your interests and the look of your living room.
Questions to ask yourself
In order to get it all figured out, there are some useful questions you need to ask yourself related to living room flooring options. Some of these questions include:
- What type of atmosphere do I want to give to my living room?
- Am I okay with high maintenance options or do I want flooring that is easy to maintain?
- Will there be a lot of foot traffic in my living room?
1. Atmosphere of your living room
The atmosphere you want to give to your living room plays an important role when you are looking for new flooring options. If you want to give your living room a warm and cozy feel, then carpet would be the most suitable choice. If you want to give your living room a rustic look, then hardwood flooring would be the most suitable choice. Meanwhile, if you want to give your living room a modern look, then laminate would be the most suitable choice. So, we suggest you think beforehand about the kind of look that you want to give to your living room so that your journey to choosing the perfect flooring for your living room goes nice and smooth.
Apart from the atmosphere that you want to create in your living room, maintenance is another thing you need to consider before making the purchase. All flooring materials need to be maintained, but there are some options that require higher maintenance than other ones. For example, if you are okay with high maintenance options, then solid wood is a nice flooring option for you. Meanwhile, if you’re looking for an option that’s easy to maintain, then you should definitely go for vinyl flooring. It’s simply the easiest flooring to maintain.
Now, we come to the third factor that you need to consider when you’re looking for the most suitable flooring option for your living room: durability. Living rooms are usually the area in your home where there is a lot of foot traffic of activity. So, if that’s the case with your living room as well, we suggest you choose a flooring material that is durable and strong enough.
Pros and Cons of Different Flooring Materials
Each flooring type has its own advantages and disadvantages. When you know what’s good and what’s not so good about the different types of flooring, you can then make a wiser and more suitable purchase. Here you can see some of the pros and cons of different flooring choices for your living room.
- Carpets are a really good flooring type for giving warmth to the feel of your home. They feel so soft underneath and are easy to maintain. However, there are so many options out there so it’s a bit difficult to choose the one that fits best for your living room and that has high quality. For example, thin carpets can look really good, but then again they can get easily damaged.
- Vinyl flooring is extremely easy to maintain. It is usually installed in areas such as kitchens and bathrooms. What’s more, it is very affordable and it looks similar to real wood and tiles style-wise.
- Solid wood is another material that goes great with the look of your living room. It can be a bit expensive, but it’s also really beautiful. In addition, it is very easy to clean, maintain, and has high durability. However, you need to keep in mind that it’s not exactly suited for areas that are exposed to high levels of direct sunlight as it is prone to warping.
- Engineered wood is great for giving your living room the traditional wooden appearance. What’s more, you can use it with underfloor heating as well. Engineered wood also tends to be more resistant to heat than solid wood.
- Laminate flooring is a great, affordable option for your living room. It is easy to install and maintain and gives a stylish look to your living room. It comes in so many colors and designs, so you have a lot of options to choose from.
As you can see, there are many possibilities for you to choose from and we understand that it can be confusing to choose the best one for your living room. We hope that this article has helped you somewhat. However, if you need further information or assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.